Re: "Principles" of "Spam-abatement"

2004-03-17 10:24:47
vjs(_at_)calcite(_dot_)rhyolite(_dot_)com (Vernon Schryver) writes:

If you believe that "reputation" or "trust" systems might help the
spam problem, then the only room for improvement is in the trust query
protocol.  DNS is a screw driver being used as a hammer in DNS blacklists.
However, this is merely a matter of optimization or elegance.

so, it's possible that there is some overlap between my universal privacy
goals, and my support for the long-awaited dnssec extensions, and my support
for the procket/juniper/cisco/paix/nasa/verio/shepfarm/isc multicast
deployment effort.
--
Paul Vixie