Re: I-D ACTION:draft-shore-nat-reachability-00.txt

2004-03-29 06:55:17
On Monday, March 29, 2004, at 12:20 AM, Pekka Savola wrote:
This I-D does not even mention IPv6 -- any particular reason for not
to? :-)

Several, but I'm not sure any of them are any good.

The first is ignorance on my part - I'm not sure I have a sufficient
grasp on the scenarios in which it would be needed to be able to
describe something that's not just plain bogus ("here's how to solve
a problem that doesn't exist and nobody cares about").  Another is that
it's my impression that there's not a shortage of v4<->v6 transition
tools; that in fact there's an overabundance of them and it's
led to some incoherence.  However, it's undoubtedly worthwhile to
talk about how to establish "findability" for addresses and/or
address/port/protocol tuples acquired by whatever transition
mechanism is being used at the moment.  Does that exist already?
Any thoughts on this would be much appreciated.

Melinda