Re: Last Call: 'The IESG and RFC Editor documents: Procedures' to BCP

2004-05-10 06:52:45

looks good to me - one suggestion of clearer language and a potential
addition

  o  Documents for which special rules exist, including IAB documents
     and April 1st RFCs, and republication of documents from other SDOs
     - the IESG and the RFC Editor keep a running dialogue on which
     documents these are

awkward wording - maybe you want to say

   o  The IESG and the RFC Editor keep a running dialogue on which
        documents require special rules (for example, IAB documents,
        April 1st RFCs, and republication of documents from other SDOs)

section 3
   The IESG may return five different responses

this misses one of the outcomes listed in RFC 2026 - specifically (quoting
from 2026):
        "the IESG recommends that the document be brought within the
        IETF and progressed within the IETF context"

this path has been used from time to time and I think it is a valuable
option - I'd suggest that it be added as a 6th response

Scott