RE: Root Anycast

2004-05-20 11:25:15
Ok Paul,

This is twice in two days now.

Yesterdays was much worse, and apparently my response didn't make it to the
IEFT reflector (maybe I just sent
it to you privately I hope)

The name calling doesn't help anything - if people are trolls, don't say
anything - everyone here can come up
with their own list of trolls.  As for loons - well my summer job in college
was as a canoe guide in Minnesota,
I kinda like loons - so please quit your attack on the good name of loons, I
don't appreciate it.

This list has gotten way to hot and way to personal over the last few weeks -
it is time to step in and get
back to real engineering work, no one is running for president on this list
(you there Kerry/Bush/Nader ?) so
we don't need the mudslinging.  I miss IPv8 (my favorite loonie troll)

Bill Strahm
-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: Root Anycast
From: "Paul Vixie" <vixie(_at_)vix(_dot_)com>
Date: Wed, May 19, 2004 3:16 pm
To: ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org

there are two things that i think it's important that everybody
understand.

first, anyone who posts from roll accounts like "info(_at_)utel(_dot_)net
(jfcm)"
tends to be dismissed as a troll.

second, anyone who seriously uses the term "legacy DNS root" tends to
be
dismissed as a loon.

i now return control of your television set to the loons and trolls...
--
Paul Vixie