Re: Root Anycast

2004-05-20 16:29:15
At 00:16 20/05/04, Paul Vixie wrote:
there are two things that i think it's important that everybody understand.
first, anyone who posts from roll accounts like "info(_at_)utel(_dot_)net
(jfcm)"
tends to be dismissed as a troll.
second, anyone who seriously uses the term "legacy DNS root" tends to be
dismissed as a loon.
i now return control of your television set to the loons and trolls...

A part from documenting a root server manager mentality, I fail to see the use of such a mail.

1. I ran a seach of my IETF folder for "legacy DNS root". It only listed your mail....

I said "the NTIA file in the case of the DNS legacy root". In the context of responses to ICANN's ICP-3 call for DNS deployment R&D and experimentation (we work on this for two years now, while IETF did not even considered) it means: "in the case of the current root file system we use the current reference file". This is what you do twice a day, don't you?. Should your comment result from a Frenglish fault of mine, that you would be teasing, it would call for an immediate apology. Otherwise in my world one may disagree with others - in seriously documenting why - but one does not despise their work. Those who do that have a name.

2. Being arrogant does not make you wrong. info(_at_)utel(_dot_)net was only a patch due to some past ietf mailing list problem. It lasted. I will resume using my regular mail name. Thx.
jfc

First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win. Gandhi.