telecom recovery unlikely as long as best effort is industry's only business model

2004-05-28 14:47:35
Since mid March I have been leading a private mail list and came out with a conclusion last weekend that there can be no telecom recovery as long as the industry relies solely on the best effort business model which I believe is not economically sustainable.

This has led to two articles on my June-July issue conclusions this week in the trade press. Something that has never happened to me before. :-)

The first is ISP Planet and the second Broadband Edge.

Here are the urls

http://www.isp-planet.com/perspectives/2004/cook_internet.html  (monday)

http://bbedge.mblast.com/presentation/page798-878156.asp  (today)

Finally my summary, table of contents and list of contributors is at http://cookreport.com/13.04.shtml

Enjoy the weekend.

The COOK Report on Internet Protocol, 431 Greenway Ave, Ewing, NJ 08618 USA
609 882-2572 (PSTN) 703 738-6031 (Vonage) Subscription info & prices at http://cookreport.com/subscriptions.shtml Report on economic black hole of best effort networks at: http://cookreport.com/13.04.shtml E-mail cook(_at_)cookreport(_dot_)com