Planning (Re: "setting up the administrative structures we need")

2004-06-11 10:04:52
--On 9. juni 2004 10:00 -0400 David Lloyd-Jones <dlj_canada(_at_)hotmail(_dot_)com> wrote:

On this planet things are almost always set up without plans, and plans
are almost always constructed ex post facto to justify whatever happened.

not my experience.

my favourite quote on planning is "the purpose of planning is so that you can panic in time" - closely followed by "no plan survives first contact with the enemy".

Your end result rarely resembles the plans laid near the beginning. But if you don't try to plan, you don't even realize when things have started to change beyond your control.

"if you aim at nothing, you're sure to hit it".

This message was brought to you by the department of glib quotes.....