RE: E911 location services (CAS system too)

2004-06-11 13:50:27
I'm new to this process.

I'm now reviewing RFC2026 and I see that I should not have referenced a
"draft".

Pardon me for that mistake.

The root of the trust could be a "Bridge" certification authority as defined
in 1.4.4 within draft-ietf-pkix-certpathbuild-03.txt.
Each TLD would be a "Principal" Certification Authority.
The draft is found at
www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pkix-certpathbuild-03.txt
NOTE: the draft expires this month.

Let me change the reference to:

Bridge Certification Authorities: Connecting B2B Public Key Infrastructures
by William T. Polk and Nelson E. Hastings
for National Institute of Standards and Technology.

This document can be found at:
http ://csrc.nist.gov/pki/documents/B2B-article.pdf

The "Bridge" and "Principal" explanations are virtually the same in both
documents.

Best Regards,

Sal

Salvatore Mangiapane