RE: E911 location services (CAS system too)

2004-06-11 15:22:29
Sal,

the idea of setting up a server that everyone in the world would trust was suggested in RFC 1422 (IPRA), in 1993. It did not succeed terribly well then, and people have tended to look very skeptically upon ideas that require some sort of "single root" since then.

What's your reason to believe it could succeed this time?