Re: Central registries (was RE: Chinese IPv9)

2004-07-20 12:19:00
On Tue, 20 Jul 2004 14:28:37 EDT, Michael Richardson said:
  Even if they do not result in efficiencies in the routing table, I
think they would go a long way to making people happy.

If you want to make people happy by promising technically infeasible solutions,
I suggest a career in politics rather than technology.

Geographically allocated addresses are a *dead* *dead* *dead* end, unless you
have some new work-around for the *very real* routing table explosion issues
they cause.  If wishes were horses, then beggars would ride - but we're the
IETF,
so we'll settle for a *workable* design for a new bicycle. ;)