Reducing parallel meeting slots

2004-08-01 08:32:14
Aaron,

AF> Perhaps we should raise the bar on what it takes to get a slot at the
AF> IETF meeting.  For example, try to come up with some objective criteria
AF> for what deserves a 1hr slot, 2hrs, multiple, etc.

Although there are some exceptions, we generally treat IETF resources as
being free.  Since they are in fact very expensive and often are very
scarce, I think that any effort to do better resource allocation would
be very helpful for IETF productivity.

Certainly this should include productivity requirements for getting
meeting slots.  Rather than trying to create more slots (more days or
more simultaneous meetings) we should be looking for ways to REDUCE the
number of parallel (conflicting) meetings.

d/
--
 Dave Crocker <mailto:dcrocker(_at_)brandenburg(_dot_)com>