Re: Complaint on personal attack by John Brown

2004-09-30 17:40:02

John Brown (a latecoming VOIP "expert" and self-described "radical")
wrote:
I realize that many on this list don't reply to the troll food that Dean
leaves around, but I felt it important to reply as someone thats NOT in
any shape fashion or form, ISC or its staff.   I am somone that has done
the engineering work to make a different letter work better via Anycast.
Which letter, well that doesn't matter.

Perhaps this is part of the "troll food" John is talking about:

[the issue below turned out to be genuine abuse of Dr. Bernstein in
violation of the code of conduct, and indeed in violation of common
decency, but John Brown promoted that abuse as well. The group of
Bernstein abusers then was also associated with ISC and Paul Vixie. This
rather refutes the claim made above by John that he is "NOT in any shape
fashion or form, ISC or its staff"]

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2002 17:47:21 -0700
From: John M. Brown <john(_at_)chagres(_dot_)net>
To: 'D. J. Bernstein' <djb(_at_)cr(_dot_)yp(_dot_)to>, ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org
Cc: iesg(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org, namedroppers(_at_)ops(_dot_)ietf(_dot_)org
Subject: RE: namedroppers mismanagement, continued

[ post by non-subscriber.  with the massive amount of spam, it is easy to
  miss and therefore delete mis-posts.  so fix subscription addresses! ]

Dan, sounds like a plan.  I say all messages from
Bernstein be handled via his option #2

Can we please BOUNCE all of Dr. Bernsteins email with
the correct procedure, in the bounce message, on how
to subscribe and be a participating member of the list
instead of bitching and wasting time.

If you have specific complaints about the List Manager
then forward them, in private, to the NomCom.

This list is NOT the place for this bitch fest.

Now lets get back to something more important like
arguing over DNS SEC. ;)

Jeesh, what a waste...