Re: How the IPnG effort was started

2004-11-20 06:56:49
jnc(_at_)mercury(_dot_)lcs(_dot_)mit(_dot_)edu (Noel Chiappa)  wrote on
16.11.04 in
<20041117010953(_dot_)C1C75872D1(_at_)mercury(_dot_)lcs(_dot_)mit(_dot_)edu>:

    > From: grenville armitage <garmitage(_at_)swin(_dot_)edu(_dot_)au>

    >> The IETF needs to seriously face the reality of the network that's
    >> really out there, not the network some of us wish were there.

    > I know B-ISDN types said the same

Funny thing you should mention B-ISDN.

Another group of people who thought that because a major standards
organization wrote specs, and a whole bunch of manufacturers poured a ton
of money into building the gear, it would necessarily take over the world.

I don't know about the world, but it's certainly taken over the nation.

Everytime someone comes up and says "but just look at how ISDN failed", I
go "Huh?! That's a strange way of spelling "was wildly successful"!

Just because *you* still use stone-age technology ...

MfG Kai