Re: alternative to the spam filtering of the IETF's users

2004-11-23 20:57:19
Harald,
Thank you for your advice. As says the quote you kept, IPv6 is only part of a global issue where the key point is organizing the numbering plan, what IETF is not devised for, and ICANN does not consider. I am not interested in stardizing but in making sure the IETF deliverables fit the needs and demands of the usage I am interested and competent in. In the Internet standard process this may be obtained through BCP drafts and during the WG charter writing and during the document reviews.

These two occasions miss a way for usage inputs to be seriously debated. This leaves three possibilties: 1. the short time I can spend at the only place where a common inter-WG culture may develop
2. external actions based upon the inputs/reactions obtained there
3. organize a user representation entity able to carry more weight during the review period and writing BCP

(1) helps me work on (2) but make me hesitate about the load of (3).
Take care.
jfc