Re: iasa-bcp-01 - Open Issues - Startup Phase

2004-12-02 19:40:45

On 2 dec 2004, at 23.00, Scott Bradner wrote:

This leaves any minuted decision in limbo for another
meeting interval.

I do not understand - in all boards I've been a part of the
decision is the decision, the minutes just report the decision - it
does not matter when the minutes get approved, the decision was
made when teh decision was made (e.g. when teh board voted)

Yes, and no. It is true that the decision is the decision. But in the Boards I have been involved in, until the minutes are approved at the next meeting, they are not official and thus anything can be disputed and one can (and perhaps not in the ISOC's history but within my experience) argue that a decision the previous meeting was not made properly or not recorded properly.

It is a small thing, but on something this important, I would like to see a formal statement of acceptance and not rely on minutes. I do not understand why asking for a response document committing the ISOC BOT to the BCP is a problem?

BTW, are the ISOC minutes all public? And how long do they take to show up.