Re: iasa-bcp-01 - Open Issues - Startup Phase

2004-12-03 03:53:44

--On torsdag, desember 02, 2004 15:32:59 +0100 avri(_at_)psg(_dot_)com wrote:

Harald indicated that process BCP approval is indicated by an indication
in the ISOC BoT minutes that the BCP was acceptable.

I have a slight problem with minutes as the criteria.

Sorry if I confused.....

the only important point in what I was suggesting is that we should regard a board resolution as the "enabling" point, not adding another document to be negotiated between the parties.

Email announcements, minutes, or proclamations nailed to the church door are all mechanisms that achieve the result of "telling everyone what has been decided" - I don't think that's a big problem.

PS: In the case of the nomcom document, the resolution also included the idea that ISOC would accept the duties assigned to it under that document. So we've done that before too.

                    Harald