Re: Consensus? IPR rights and all that

2004-12-07 00:02:22

I understand that there may be conflicting claims on the current IPR, but isn't the document about the future and about the conditions under which new sw, tools and data would be contracted. I don't understand why a discussion of past IPR, or the claims on its ownership, would be a subject for this BCP.

Or, is the suggestion, to put a statement in somewhere that the IASA is responsible for negotiating to obtain the same rights on all relevant IPR created in the past that it requires for all future IPR.

a.