Re: draft-ietf-iasa-bcp-02: section 3

2004-12-13 13:03:38

--On 13. desember 2004 07:47 -0500 Scott Bradner <sob(_at_)harvard(_dot_)edu>
wrote:

add something like this to section 3

   The IASA consists initially of a single full-time ISOC employee, the
   IETF Administrative Director (IAD), an officer entitled to act on
   behalf of the IASA at the direction of the IAOC.  The IASA temporally
   may act as the IAD if there is no IAD or the IAD is unavailable. ...

I'd perhaps suggest "the IASA may designate one of its members as an acting IAD if there is no IAD or the IAD is unavailable" - the IAD role is designed to be filled by a person, not a committee, and having a committee act in the role that it's overseeing conflates the levels.

But I can certainly see any single IAOC member being unwilling or unable to take on the task, so perhaps it's better to name the committee as a whole..... thoughts, folks?

               Harald