Re: New Last Call: 'Tags for Identifying Languages' to BCP

2004-12-14 07:18:17
On Mon, Dec 13, 2004 at 01:37:04AM -0800, Mark Crispin wrote:

When I retrieve a file via FTP, HTTP, etc. the time stamp of that file on
my computer is the date/time of retrieval, not the date/time of the file
on the source.

Unless, of course, both systems are running TOPS-20 and thus use that
wonderful XTP mode that copies file metadata.  Now, if you want to mandate
that all UNIX and Windows systems be replaced with TOPS-20, I might
support that... :-)

Actually some ftp and http transfer programs, incl wget and ncftp keep
the original date stamp.

With Xmas greetings
Keld