Re: IASA BCP -02 Designated Donations - section 5.3

2004-12-18 07:17:43

Hi Leslie,

I'm not sure that I understand what you are saying...

I'm not nearly so worried, on that front,
about the small donations front, as I am about the overall
principles of identifying IETF donations and achieving
some model for dependent sustainability.

What do you mean by "dependent sustainability"?

One nit: There won't really be "IETF donations". All of the fund raising will be done through ISOC, so all of the donations will be ISOC donations. Some of those donations may be designated to a particular ISOC activity (such as the IASA or a particular educational or public policy project), and others will not be designated to a particular activity at all, but will be allocated between ISOC's activities as part of the ISOC budgeting process.

Margaret