Re: SIP INFO and RFC 2833 support?

2004-12-20 23:42:47
At 05:45 PM 12/20/2004 -0800, Madabhushi Pramod wrote:
Hi all,

I have couple of questions:

a couple answers...

1) What is the latest draft on SIP INFO?

RFC2976, no revision is currently planned (and I have asked the SIP WG in the last two meetings)

2) Is it mandatory to signal DTMF via SIP INFO?

no, RTP can be used, and there are others

In INFO - this was a suggested and possible vehicle for DTMF, along with various other "info" like signal strength and other non-streaming information between endpoints, etc

3) Do SIP vendors support RFC 2833 for G711 along with
G729 also?
I mean is it common for vendors to support
RFC 2833 for G711?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Pramod Madabhushi