The Font top-level MIME type registration I-D

2004-12-23 15:07:20
<http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-singer-font-mime-00.txt>

This was posted a while back and hasn't received much comment. I suspect that it is not so much the quality of the writing as the fact that many haven't noticed it...

It proposes registering a top-level font/ MIME type for font formats. Note that it is font formats, just like image formats, that we propose registering; I understand that in the past there has been some confusion that it might be fonts themselves (e.g. font/courier) that would be registered. That would be like having image/mona-lisa or audio/beethoven5th, of course. Rather, we propose font/opentype (for example).

This was modelled on another recent top-level MIME type definition.

All comments are gratefully received, of course.

Best of the season to you all.
--
David Singer
Apple Computer/QuickTime