Re: Issue #727: Section 2.2, 4, & 7 - Miscellaneous & editorial

2005-01-02 06:28:37

brian asks
Perhaps we do indeed need to explicitly limit the
IAOC Chair to chairing the IAOC. But we almost do - the following paragraph
says:

    The chair of the IAOC shall have the authority to manage the
    activities and meetings of the IAOC.  The IAOC Chair has no formal
    duty to represent the IAOC, except as directed by IAOC consensus.

Isn't this enough?

maybe the 2nd sentence change to

  The IAOC Chair does not represent the IAOC (unless directed to do so
  by IAOC consensus) and does not represent the IETF.

"no formal duty" leaves the IAOC chair to do so anyway and it would
be good, in the same place, to say that the IAOC chair does not
represent the IETF

Scott