Re: IDN and language

2005-01-04 21:04:10
At 23:37 04/01/2005, John Cowan wrote:
John C Klensin scripsit:
I know that -- I did read 3743 first.  But in that case, whatever did
you mean by "ICANN has created a recommendation [...]  that languages
not be mixed within a label"?

The first question (see may yesterday mail) is to define what we are talking about. What is a language. You do not talk about the same thing as ICANN.

How could it?  There is no requirement that there be a table for
every possible language tag, after all; all existing language tags
remain valid.  These tables are just tagged content like any other,
though the application of the tag is different from the usual
application.

I do not understand. What is the "usual application" ? We are talking about a standard?
jfc