Re: RE: draft-phillips-langtags-08, process, s pecifications, "stability", and extensions

2005-01-06 09:41:39
On Thu, Jan 06, 2005 at 04:08:05PM +0000, Michael Everson wrote:
At 16:56 +0100 2005-01-06, Keld Jørn Simonsen wrote:

I would also favour the country code as second field, as it would be
backwards compatible with RFC 3066, and also compatible with the order
used in locales.

That would be an example of getting these tags to
do more than identify varieties of language.

It was not the intention to use the RFC 3066 bis tags as locale identifiers.
I only listed the concern as to not confuse the public at large with
different rules for similar concepts.

Best regards
Keld