Re: End of issues

2005-01-13 09:08:37

--On Thursday, 13 January, 2005 13:38 +0100 Harald Tveit
Alvestrand <harald(_at_)alvestrand(_dot_)no> wrote:

I believe that I now have messages out with suggested
resolutions for all 19 open issues on the BCP document. In
almost all cases, these messages contain text for proposed
edits to the document.

If I don't hear violent objections, I'll ask the editors to
prepare a new draft based on those proposed edits (+ any
textual adjustments they will make in their roles as editors).

We should then have a relatively clean document on which to
base the next step of our conversation, as outlined in my
"plan" message yesterday.

Hoping for a convergent process.....

Harald,

This is not a violent objection --more like a concerned
whimper-- but I note that we are still turning over rocks from
which new issues crawl.   As recently as yesterday morning, EKR
reopened --IMO in a context that justified it-- the "outsource
everything" assumption that is fairly pervasive in the document.
I don't know what will come of that subthread, but maybe it is
relevant.  And, this morning, some almost-unrelated discussion
identified the fact that, when some of us have been saying "fire
the IAOC" as the appropriate remedy for severe problems, others
have been hearing "tell the Nomcom" or "start a recall
procedure".   Since it isn't clear that we now have a "fire the
IAOC" procedure --which I would define as clearing everyone out
of there except the IAB Chair, IETF Chair, and ISOC President,
and asking all of the appointing bodies to find fresh faces-- we
may need new text to reflect that... At least if others believe
that such a model is useful.

So I'd be happy to look at new text, but I'm not sure we are
finished.

    john