RE: iasa-bcp-04: unanimity in section 3.4

2005-01-17 09:07:52

--On Monday, January 17, 2005 9:06 AM -0500 Scott Bradner <sob(_at_)harvard(_dot_)edu> wrote:

Bert sez:
NEW:
                <t>
                    The IAOC attempts to reach consensus on
all decisions.                     If the IAOC cannot achieve
a consensus decision, then                     the IAOC
decides by voting.
                </t>

I thought the other point was that the text should read
  "If the IAOC cannot achieve a consensus decision, then the
IAOC    can decide by voting"

i. not mandate voting - leave it up to them

Yes, that was the intent. We should never mandate the IAOC to vote; they should have the opportunity and obligation to decide to do that. And I don't think we should try to specify that decision mechanism in the BCP.

     john