Legal review 4: Minor editorial

2005-01-21 08:11:45
Editorial Comments from Jorge:

4., 3rd paragraph below bulleted list: The 2-year term rule does not apply during the initial terms. Thus, this paragraph should start out saying "Subject to paragraph 2 of Section 4.2, appointed members...."

5.5: I think that the 2nd sentence is not clear, as it uses the technical accounting term "debited" in a way that doesn't exactly say what I think it's supposed to. I would rewrite it as follows: "Funds in IASA accounts shall be used solely to support IETF activities and for no other purposes."

7 (Transparency): While I understand the desire for transparency, there may be some contracts that contain items that are justifiably
treated as confidential (such as individual performance rewards,
terms of settlement of litigation). To address this point, I might add the following words at the end of the penultimate sentence:
", subject to any reasonable confidentiality obligations approved
by the IAD."

(note from HTA: I appended the last point as a suggestion on the proposed resolution for #787)