IASA Transition Team page now available

2005-01-22 09:56:37
As part of the transition to the IETF Administrative Support Activity (IASA), the IESG, the IAB and ISOC has formed a "transition team" to help start the work required to establish the IASA.

The transition team is not empowered to make binding decisions about the IASA. It tries to lay out the thinking that is required, and identify the things that "obviously have to be done" in order to get a functioning IASA organization.

Its first order of business has been to run the process to get the IASA Administrative Director (the IAD) hired. The second order of business is to try to understand the needed steps to get the contracts in place that will allow the support for the IETF to function according to the principles in the IASA BCP.

The transition team has been keeping notes on its work in a Wiki. In order to give the community a chance to see what we are doing, we have made portions of the notebook publicly visible.

Note - this is a sometimes-updated snapshot of parts of our workspace. It will have outdated information, proposals that can't work, personal opinions and things that are left hanging. There will also be parts that are not made visible - for instance, notes about personnel issues, names of potential contractors or dial-up access for teleconferences. But it should give a fair idea of what we are doing.

Check out <http://www.alvestrand.no/ietf/adminrest/transteam/> for the notebook and more details of the team.

                     Harald