A little more feedback? #818 Hiring and firing the IAD

2005-01-24 10:59:13
I believe that the text Scott proposed for section 3 to replace paragraph 3 is acceptable ("minor edit"). But John Klensin suggested one additional edit - adding a nomcom-appointed member - which got no further feedback.

So we have 3 alternatives:

OLD
  Although the IAD is an ISOC employee, he or she works under the
  direction of the IAOC.  The IAD is selected and hired by a committee
  of the IAOC.  The members of this committee are appointed by the
  IAOC, and consist at minimum of the ISOC President and the IETF
  Chair.  This same committee is responsible for setting the IAD's
  initial compensation, reviewing the performance of the IAD
  periodically, and determining any changes to the IAD's employment and
  compensation.

NEW(1)

Although the IAD is an ISOC employee, he or she works under the
direction of the IAOC. A committee of the IAOC is responsible for
hiring and firing of the IAD, for reviewing the performance and for
setting the compensation of the IAD. The members of this committee are appointed by the IAOC, and consist at minimum of the ISOC President and the IETF Chair.

NEW(2)

Although the IAD is an ISOC employee, he or she works under the
direction of the IAOC. A committee of the IAOC is responsible for
hiring and firing of the IAD, for reviewing the performance and for
setting the compensation of the IAD. The members of this committee are appointed by the IAOC, and consist at minimum of the ISOC President, the IETF Chair and one IAOC member that has been selected by the Nomcom.

I don't see any world-shaking difference between these, but I slightly prefer the last one (with nomcom-selected member).

I'd like this one, too, nailed before -05 rolls....

              Harald