Comment on draft-ietf-iasa-bcp-04

2005-01-26 07:39:41
Section 4 says:

> The Chair serves at the pleasure of the IAOC, and may be removed from
> that position at any time by a two thirds vote of the voting
> membership of the IAOC.

This means that 6 of 8 votes are needed, and one of the voters is the chair himself. I would be more comfortable with 5 votes, which is 2/3rds of the voters other than the chair himself.

We want to keep it simple. However, a recall is serious. At a minimum, we need to require that 2/3rd of the voters are present for the vote. If we say that at least 2/3rd of those present must vote for removal, then an 'abstain' is essentially a vote to keep the chair in office.

Russ