RE: Progressing Re: Progress report......

2005-01-26 10:33:22

--On Wednesday, 26 January, 2005 18:02 +0100 "Wijnen, Bert
(Bert)" <bwijnen(_at_)lucent(_dot_)com> wrote:

Scott writes

All we need to do is that as soon as we have IASA in place
(we still need to approve the BCP first) that IASA then
starts to prepare for RFPs and such and then the process
can start.

the "prepare for RFPs" seems futile (or at least *very*
premature) if NeuStar is to get a N-year agreement/contract

Gets an "N-year" contract with whom?
We are not part of the deal between CNRI/Neustar, are we?
Not according to what I understood of the posting!

Bert,

Recognizing the textual problem that Margaret identified and
moving back to intent, sooner or later the IAD and IAOC need to
decide whether or not to issue one or more competitive RFPs for
some or all of the secretariat functions.  My understanding of
the intent of the community was that we finish up the BCP, we
get the IAOC and IAD in place, and then we get those RFPs
written and issued on a relatively expeditious basis, certainly
within six to nine months.

Now, if we are going to go ahead and do so on that basis, then
Joel's comments are exactly right -- this deal has little or
nothing to do with the BCP or the IETF.  On the other hand, if
there is a contractual deal with Neustar, or if the issuance of
the RFP(s) is delayed so that we can continue doing business as
usual with Foretec (under Neustar auspices or otherwise) for
some longer period of time, then we are certainly part of that
deal, for better or worse.

   john