Re: email document delivery service

2005-02-04 01:50:16
Hi,

Our anti-virus system tags all IETF draft announcements as being potentially
dangerous.  I suspect because of the unusual options to fetch the data that
are encoded in the MIME header.

We would certainly like to see that feature removed from IETF announcements,
as it seems archaic.   This may not be within the remit of your draft, but
you may wish to consider what effect various MIME options have on anti-virus
systems, and potential vulnerabilities that lie within them.

(I can't actually see those headers to comment on, as they are removed before
the announce gets to me, with a replacement plain text warning attachment :).

Tim