Re: email document delivery service

2005-02-04 02:47:11

--On Thursday, February 03, 2005 7:57 PM -0500 stanislav shalunov <shalunov(_at_)internet2(_dot_)edu> wrote:

Internet-draft announcements, as they are currently generated,
include a MIME-based mechanism to request internet-drafts via
email.  Do you use this feature?  If you do, could you please
let me know?

Background: the IETF Tools team is working on a draft,
draft-ietf-tools-notification-03.txt, that specifies the
requirements for a document notification service.  We'd like
to better understand how email document delivery is actually
used.

Please be a little bit careful about how and where this question is asked. Most of the active participants in the IETF have reasonably good, online, access to the Internet with cost-effective bandwidth (at least much of the time). But there are people for whom those things are not the case, but who want to track our work and should be able to do so. They may or may not read the open IETF list but, given recent volume surges, I'd guess most of them do not. For them, the email access, and maybe even the remote-body-part access, can be important features -- more important, perhaps, for RFC retrieval than for I-D retrieval, but important nonetheless.

While I'm on the subject,