Re: Something to look forward to at the meeting

2005-02-04 05:22:12
Maybe the story that URL points to is not the one you intended, or I
am missing something here, or misinterpreting.  In which case I
apologise in advance.

So the trains have to slow down for a minute or two.  Your point is?

Why has it become the in-thing to find any little niggle against the
places the meetings are being arranged in?  An exceptional summer two
years ago in Paris, a small leak in a tunnel.  The fact that some
places are in the US.  The fact that others aren't.

I'm not in the US, but if IETF meetings were to cycle between Salt
Lake City, Minneapolis and some other place for the rest of time it
wouldn't bother me too much.  Given how many people find it difficult
to leave the hotel for the week of the meeting, I'm suprised anybody
really cares where the meetings actually are.

I'd like to thank Foretec and the secretariat for all the work that
goes into the meetings.  It must be tough trying to keep even some of
us happy some of the time. :-)

Regards,
Rob