Re: Consensus? #843 section 3.5 - ISOC BoT and overturning decisions

2005-02-12 21:56:15
"Harald" == Harald Tveit Alvestrand <harald(_at_)alvestrand(_dot_)no>
writes:

    Harald> I do not think that the ISOC BoT would be constrained to
    Harald> providing advice in the situation you describe. It would,
    Harald> however, have to say "this is an actiobn we take because
    Harald> we have a responsibility for ISOC, not because we're
    Harald> investigating this single issue".

    Harald> While this sounds a lot like "I am going to tell myself
    Harald> that I should do something about this issue, then I'll
    Harald> turn around and do it", I think it is still the right
    Harald> thing to do.

I think that structures wher you tell yourself to do something then do
it can sometimes be the right structure.

I think this is one of those cases.