Re: MP3 audio streaming for IETF 62

2005-03-07 01:37:42
On Sun, 2005-03-06 at 19:43 -0800, Joel Jaeggli wrote:

I look forward to more opportunities for multicast evangelism in the
future. I think I can speak for Hans, Lucy, myself and the rest of the
crew at the UO when I say we still believe that multicast holds out the
promise of an empowering, subversive technology for data delivery whose
time will come.

"Bringing the power to the people(tm)" is really the way to go.

When people can use it then they might start using it and demanding it
from their ISP's. When they don't know it exists or cannot use it
because there is nobody providing it at all, they will never figure out
how much fun it is and the possibilities it can give them.

m6bone is doing a good job at this, getting more people connected though
is the next step. I sincerely hope that ISP's would start offering
multicast connectivity. They could do it in one go together with IPv6
connectivity. There are a few ISP's doing this as a trial/experimental
service. This allows their tech folks to play with it while not
demanding too much time from them when it breaks...

just my two rapfen... ;)

Greets,
 Jeroen