RE: Last Call: 'Requirements for IETF Draft Submission Toolset' toInformational RFC

2005-04-08 06:07:20
Elwyn,

As one of those who still use M$Word when writing drafts, I can also
confirm the generic text driver problems. Actually, I have had to
patch the draft parser for each new Windows version. However, after
doing that, I am still fine with using Word for drafts, as I like
WYSIWYG, and have no problems with making sure myself what I have
actually put in the draft (when it comes to mandatory sections, etc).

In most cases when you ask people what tools they prefer, they will
answer that they prefer to use the one(s) they have been using before
and are familiar with. So some people prefer to use nroff, others
use XML, others MS Word, etc.

Thanks to the IETF principle of having txt being the official format,
people have the opportunity to use whatever tool they like when they
write drafts. That is excellent, and I hope we can keep that principle.

Cheers,
/L-E