Re: Important protocol development

2005-04-27 09:16:49
On Wed, 27 Apr 2005 08:58:42 -0700
 Dave Crocker <dhc2(_at_)dcrocker(_dot_)net> wrote:
Ole >  May I suggest that we consider starting a working group on this:

iRtf, perhaps, but not iEtf, yet. It's still in the research phase.

Both robustness and distance sensitivity need to be assessed, before it will
be appropriate for the standards process.

In addition, the LGS requirement would seem to have pretty onerous long-term
administrative overhead...

Also, if you read the article, there is a very serious patent encumbrance,
and it is doubtful if it would get by the new IPR policy.

Regards
Marshall Eubanks

  d/
  ---