RE: Proper WG chairs (Re: Voting (again))

2005-05-09 11:49:44

--On mandag, mai 09, 2005 21:38:41 +0200 John Loughney <john(_dot_)loughney(_at_)nokia(_dot_)com> wrote:

Harald,

you forgot one:

 - willingness to continue working as a chair, long after their day job
has moved onto new topics.

In this business, most folks change tasks, if not jobs, sooner than the
average half-life of wgs in the IETF.

Yup - I'm impressed with the number of people who are willing to stick with work far beyond the original schedule and employer's interest - effectively, people are *really* volunteering their time and effort.

And being wildly optimistic about when their day job will permit them to get back to the WG-chair stuff is, I'm afraid, quite normal - I know it far too well from my own experience. We (all of us) should be better at calling for help early!