IETF Newsletter: What's cooking?

2005-05-30 20:07:46
I realise the importance of having a newsletter from the IETF that would explain every month what is happening in IETF from a non-technical point of view.

The newsletter would be about the protocols which are getting developped but in non-technical terms (or not too much) so that the general population could understand how the Internet is shapping today.

At the moment the world is watching how the SPAM issue will be solved, if IETF could monthly indicates initiatives taken by IETF in this sense everybody would benefit.

I see that IETF has a strong link with ISOC, ISOC supports IETF to a large level, however ISOC individual members (most of them are non-technical people) do not know this relationship, nor understand it. They also do not understand the day to day activities of IETF.

Scientific/Technical Vulgarisation is urgently needed!

In the Pacific Islands many members of the Pacific Islands Chapter of the Internet Society would be interested to learn how IETF is shapping the Internet. Speaking with other chapters, they are also strongly interested.

To pursue the relationship IETF/ISOC and let's say in general IETF/Public I think such monthly newletter is needed (via e-mail it is fine).

I put humbly this request in front of the Chair of IETF for action.

Support ISOC individual members and we will support IETF.

Cheers

Franck Martin
franck(_at_)sopac(_dot_)org
"Toute connaissance est une réponse à une question"
G. Bachelard