Re: Last Call: 'Email Submission Between Independent Networks' to BCP

2005-06-10 13:39:26

On Friday, June 10, 2005 04:25:58 PM -0400 Keith Moore <moore(_at_)cs(_dot_)utk(_dot_)edu> wrote:

>  at the very least it illustrates that using vague terms in a technical
>  specification without defining those terms can lead to
>  misunderstanding.

Keith, the problem with pushing so hard to win a point, without actually
reading things carefully, is that the material often does not
substantiate the point.

What you are so winningly touting was not, as you indicate, a problem
with the text, but a problem with my use of a different term in this
thread.

Dave,

I disagree.  I think this illustrates that you don't have a clear handle
on what you are talking about.

rather than try so hard to deny that the text is ambiguous, why not just
fix the text?

FWIW, I found the actual text perfectly clear; it was indeed the discussion that was confusing. I wouldn't object to further clarification, but I don't have text to propose, either. Do you?

-- Jeff