Re: what is a wg chair's job was: Simplistic metrics Re: WG management

2005-06-22 09:32:13
At 12:58 22/06/2005, Tom Petch wrote:
For me, this list of items misses the point of having a chair, which IMO is to
focus the discussion, the work, on the tasks in hand, so that they get done in a
timely fashion.

A chair should start from the Charter and make sure it is well and consensually understood (all the more if there are different understanding which should be identified and documented to the AD for guidance). This should help building a discussion road map, the Chair should help the WG to focus on or to update.

I am not sure all the Chairs follows this basic method. I mean I never met one yet. But I did not share in many WG enough to have good statistics. jfc