Re: Port numbers and IPv6

2005-07-15 14:35:56
    > From: Ned Freed <ned(_dot_)freed(_at_)mrochek(_dot_)com>

    >> You're saying that there are servers which have close to (or more)
    >> than 65K connections to a *single client IP address* (i.e. it may be a
    >> NAT, with a number of hosts behind it)?

    > Yes, that is exactly what I am saying

Wow. Can you tell us a little bit about what those client sites look like?

(Not the servers; I'm curious about the things at the far end which are
generating that many client connections. They must be huge NAT boxes, no? I
have a hard time conceiving of a single computer generating that many client
instances.)

        Noel