SRV continued

2005-07-19 19:39:32
While we are on the subject of SRV, port numbers etc:

Why not define SRV prefixes for POP3, IMAP4 and SUBMIT so that email
applications can auto-configure from the email address alone.

I recognize that this would be much more satisfactory with better DNS
security. But even without DNSSEC it would make network management a lot
more flexible and make it much harder for attackers to bamboozle end
users into compromizing themselves with bogus administrative messages
'redirect your email client to use this bogo-server'.