ietf mailing list Acceptable Use Policy

2005-07-20 14:49:57
Folks,

I am burdening the IETF list with this note because I looked around on the IETF
web pages and couldn't find the document or statement that would resolve the
point.

The question of acceptable behaviors on ietf mailing lists has been discussed at
length, of course.  But I cannot find a statement that should be used by ietf
list that is, for example, on a par with the Note Well statement about IPR.

I believe that we DO have pretty consistent rules, but I can't find a pointer to
text that makes the usual statements about technical focus, professionalism,
absence of ad hominem language, etc.

It would be great to have an IETF-wide, core consensus-based statement on
Acceptable Use that new lists could just point to.

  d/
  ---
  Dave Crocker
  Brandenburg InternetWorking