RE: calendar file for IETF

2005-07-27 11:14:42
At 1:38 PM -0400 7/25/05, Brian Rosen wrote:
So, I just had to try it, even though my company insists on MS Exchange for
calendars.  Of course it didn't work, and I never expected it to work.
However, the error message is at least amusing:

  This error can appear if you have attempted to save a recurring
  Lunar appointment in iCalendar format.
  To avoid this error, set the appointment option to Gregorian instead of
  Lunar.

I ran into the same thing (although not with Eliot's .ics file). Outlook is unable to parse the VTIMEZONE object generated by iCal - despite the fact it conforms to 2445. What's alternately amusing and horrifying is the VTIMEZONE object's I've seen that Outlook can process are pretty goofy. For one thing the Outlook/Exchange-generated VTIMEZONE object uses a start date of Jan 1, 1601. This is hilarious. There are other problems with the iCalendar files generated by Microsoft, and with Outlook's attempts to read iCalendar files generated by means other than Outlook/Exchange. But this one is so wacky, I can't help but laugh - the help message quoted above is a close second.
--

john noerenberg