Re: draft-klensin-nomcom-term-00.txt

2005-08-01 07:47:39
Pete Resnick wrote:
I personally would like to see more people get experience on the
IESG and get some IESG brain cells back into the community before
they're completely burned out, so I kind of like the proposal.

Why discourage the NOMCOM from picking the best person for the job?
It's easy for the IESG members to get back into the community before
they're completely burned out: don't reup.  I don't see that the IESG
will improve simply with new blood, and what I do see is an attempt to
fix a vague problem by spraying bullets indiscriminately.  Call them
guidelines or preferences or what-have-you, if we write them down it
will take a very strong NOMCOM to say, "Really, Bert Wijnen is the man
for the job" (for example).

Eliot