I'm not the microphone police, but ...

2005-08-01 07:45:22
From RFC 2418 section 1
Participation is by individual technical contributors, rather than by
  formal representatives of organizations.

It seems like we're being especially casual about saying, "I'm Waldo from Walden Pond Networks, and ..." or even "I'm giving you the requirements from the Grand Order of Network Water Buffaloes, and ...".

I'm still telling people in the Newcomer's Orientation that we attend as individuals. Could we be a little more careful about saying things that make us sound like other standards organizations?

Thanks!

Spencer