Re: IETF Chair, General Area, process and complexity

2005-08-09 05:03:41
The general area is a small issue in the big picture. If it isn't needed
any more, the IESG can axe it in a split second.

I think a wiser policy might be to keep the area open with no WGs. It
isn't, after all, the Process Area, and it might come in handy one day,
as Avri suggests.

   Brian

avri doria wrote:
Hi,

in John's formulation, the process work of the general area withers away - or at least moves to a different corner of the world.

so what happens to the general area?

one suggestion is to axe it.
my suggestion would be for that role to be staffed by a generalist who is comfortable with complexity in its many network manifestations. this area could then house those groups that need to deal with complex issues that now often get force fit into the more specific areas.

a.